Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Planning the Show for International Women's Day

I remember when I was a student in Belgrade, being stopped on the street and offered flowers from strangers on International Women's Day.
 The holiday is catching up in Canada and I will be having my show in Ottawa to celebrate it!  It will be organized by the Embassy of Bosnia and Hercegovina, who are doing the honor of recognizing me as one of theirs and as one of Canada's  leading artists.
Actually, I feel quite Cosmopolitan.  As M concluded, after having heard my life story....I am a Cosmopolitan, like him!
But roots are roots, and I was born in Sarajevo... and Bosnia exists in her present form,...ever changing, just as a woman is everchanging...and we can make her even more beautiful while she lasts in this form!  Of course there is the Hercegovina....I think that is the masculine part!

The important thing is to chose the right paintings of the many, which reflect the reality and truth and which will be understood and appreciated. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment