Wednesday, November 3, 2010

New Day

What a beautiful day november 3 was!  I spent the whole day inside and painted in the studio, but those who were in nature today were the luckiest.  Today I spoke to I about "The Brooch" by Munch.  It is either a charcoal drawing or lithograph from what I see.  It's amazing how many sites are offering it as an oil painting.  And I learned something new about copyright laws.  In most parts of the world the copyright belongs to the artist while alive and 70 years after death!  So be careful all who would profit...though, it's hard to believe that the family doesn't have copyright afterwards.  Where are the lawyers to clear this up for us?

Anyways, the only two people that know this blog exists, for now, are the 2 Vs.  I'll call them big V and baby V for the moment.

The painting of S went well today, but it is amazing that a small painting can exact so much.  The challenge is to make it real, but not too real.  

No comments:

Post a Comment