Saturday, June 13, 2015

Montreal is a transitional city

That is what E said, and it is true....Montreal is a transitional city for all except for the, "belongers" and the die-hards.  I guess I am a die-hard because I've been here for so long. Am I a belonger?  It is my home, yet it has never really adopted me.
I belong to my ethnic linguistic groups and that is an accomplishment in itself, but for such a big city and for so long, the homogenous aspect is missing.
So many people have come and gone to and from this city, mainly students, Consuls, company execs, even doctors.  What about artists?  What is our fate in Montreal?  As there are no real criteria, the professionals become amateurs and the amateurs professional. There is some really amazing art, though a lot is based on technical merit or explanatory subtext.

Artists have to constantly hustle, and what about those that don't know how, don't want to be bothered, or don't believe in it?

I think I just made up a new word; "belonger"!:) it sounds like something we used in high-school, or from a song!

No comments:

Post a Comment