Friday, March 27, 2015

Warming up Humanity

I was very touched by a phrase I read in the paper today...it should definitely go into the annals of great phrases!  It was uttered by B. Kalif, a Montreal hero.  He said that Humanity these days is like the weather, it's cold as hell!  No truer words were uttered for a long time!  Hopefully these words will inspire people to be more humane, and not some conglomerate to make jeans and money with the slogan.
I feel sorry that I have to voice that fear, but it is just as true as the words the young hero uttered. It is the very reason that we are lacking Humanity, because everyone and everything is profit oriented. Imagine a world in which money and profit do not exist and the only goal is Humanity!
I think that is my driving hope, that we will one day become more humane, as our mothers were; as we were taught by our elders.  I hope it happens before we become elders. As it is, the Elders are being put away and Humanity is a forgotten word, all until a young and completely unexpected hero comes along and restores it into our consciousness!
My paintings have always related to the face of Humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment