Monday, December 16, 2013

Sport of life

The new sports painting of M.R. Is almost finished and I will be auctioning it off soon! I began it before he won an award, so the good luck is definitely there!

On the other hand, I'm having more trouble with the portrait of M. The dark red background is challenging, and though I like the Matisse like colours in the face, the blue collar shirt is not working!  I will have to ask him to wear a white shirt at the next portrait session, when he comes back from Florida!

Almost everyone is leaving Montreal for the holidays.  It was hard to get to the studio with all the snow yesterday.  I will try today, and hope they cleaned the snow from the parking lot!  There is a lot of work to be done before the little Christmas party!  I have to finish my beautiful cloud painting...is the woman trapped or free....it turned out to be a "trompe d'oeil" on it's own, because of the geometry in the background!



No comments:

Post a Comment