Monday, January 28, 2013

Heeding the Paintings

I noticed a long time ago that the paintings seem to carry premonitions, messages,  It sometimes becomes evident to me later on.  Now, I like to paint a painting before I embark on a new journey,... it shows me the shapes and colors of the path and of the outcome.  I had no idea that even the flowers did that...It's probably my subconscious working through the art mediums.  I feel that I have to add more glowing orange to the background of the exotic flowers, but only enough to retain the warmth of the background.  I will also add a bit of red madder to the flowers themselves to soften them.  I have to find the name of those flowers.  The title must have the word, memory, in it.  Funny, how titles change and can be many at the same time.  A painting can have layers of meaning, beginning with the subjective and sometines blending with the universal. 
I was happy to meet Z in my studio.  Z seems to understand a lot about art...very perceptive and intelligent, even inspiring!  I am already thinking of a portrait composition...Have to do some research on bears and bulls.  So far I have painted a cat, quite by chance, and sketched a dog and some horses. I've always wanted to do something with animals and people on the same canvas....so little time for all the ideas...Tomorrow I will begin a new painting of S. 

No comments:

Post a Comment